Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Wow. I really need to write more often because there is so much that happens in my life, I really don't know what to write about.

So today has been a scramble of things to do. I honestly cannot believe that a 3 year old going to preschool needs a school list but aparently they do. Backpack,check. Markers, check. Watercolors, check. Mac G4 laptop, double check. I was sorta thinking that Malin needed more clothes but luckily I found a secret door to a magic land called, Mary Wojciechowski, single lady who loves my kids. I found a storage box in the kid's closet full of things from her that Malin never fit into last year so I am saved. They were all things that Mary had given to her for various reasons. (Just so you know, a single lady with money to burn needs no legitimate reason to buy my kids stuff.) Anyway, she has no clue how much pain in my life has been spared because of her compulsion to buy stuff. I was spared a large headache having missed out on dragging my kids to Fleet Farm to try to cash in on some Lee jeans at "Unbelievable Prices" while Aiden screams,"Taste! Taste!" at everything that even remotely looks like a food product,such as horse feed and cattle antibiotics.

No, I was much luckier today to be able to devote all my time to renewing my passport. Now, my passport is only 5 years old but over the course of that 5 years I happened to get married and being all old fashioned and stuff, took my husband's last name. I wanted to get this done right away, just in case I wanted to skip town at will. But at the time we were living in Chicago and that makes anything even more rediculous than it already is. (Sometime I will have to fill you in on what it was like to go to the post office and wait in line for 30 minutes to get a stamp.)So any way, back to the passport. Anyone who has ever done this knows what a joy it is. For the small fee of $67, you are granted the freedom to fly about the earth at will. That happens to be the price if you are willing to do the ol' "e-application". If you want a real person to deal with, add $30. Oh and if you want that done faster than 6 weeks time, just tack on an extra $60. Grand total, $157. I was thinking it would be, oh, say, $29.99. $157??!?!? What are they gonna do? Letterpress it by hand?

Well, I am going to go wait by the mailbox for 6 weeks until I get my passport back....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha! "Taste! Taste!!!" Can totally relate, Tova just tries to chew anything in site - think Sunny Baudelaire. It's pretty gross when you're grocery shopping and you have to hand the check out lady soggy and mangled boxes of cereal.