Thursday, January 13, 2005

more to say...

well, i figured that i better write something a little more interesting than, "this is my first post."
today is freezing cold. and my day has been not much better. one of those days where you feel like you are literally chasing yourself. like you are doing a lot of scurrying but not really anything is getting done. take this as an example. i have been awake for more than 6 hours and still have not gotten a grocery list finished or even gotten that load of laundry out of the dryer. pretty pathetic.
but my day is not all lost. my son sat in my lap today for about 15 minutes showing me his little "hat" and talking about it. (it was actually the smallest of a set of nesting cups.) and as i write this my daughter is playing with styrofoam. what kind of a mother are you? you ask. well she is calling the small beads of foam that separate from the bigger block her "babies" and "racky-coons" and the block is their sled. basically she has been entertained with them for about 1 hour. yes there are bits of foam all over the dining room and part of the living room but what is five minutes of clean up?
so if i just get to enjoy my kids a bit, that is worth it, right? oh and i did take some cute pics of my daughter's feet (as inspired by ellybeth) and i am enjoying some afternoon sun, ahhhh.
i guess the laundry is going nowhere and the groceries are sounding like a trip to the arctic with ernest shackelton rather than a jaunt to the supermarket with ingrid. maybe i'll just skip the list making...

No comments: