Wednesday, July 25, 2007

The Hard Stuff

There are some good things about being a pastor's wife, but most of the stuff is hard. I'll be honest. Really hard. Like today.
I only have two "best" friends in the world (other than family members) and my friend Ingrid is one of them. On Saturday, three of her friends were in a car accident. Two of them died. It is not fair to Ingrid, or anyone else for that matter, that these two young men were taken from family and friends long before it would be expected.
Yesterday was the reviewal and today was the funeral. And let me just say, they sucked. As a friend, I am required to be there for my friend emotionally, but as a pastor's wife, I need to drop everything and physically be there. Don't get me wrong, I would not have wanted to miss being there for Ingrid, but these things are some of the hardest things that cross my path. No one likes to go to funerals, but it is sometimes even harder when you are there to be support for the mourner and not mourning yourself. I hate having to see my best friend cry and sob and go through that stuff.
So here's to my brothers and sisters in Christ: Just know that yes, this is my job. But I love you and would do it anyway, because that's what its all about.

No comments: