Tuesday, July 31, 2007

No kids? What will you do with yourself?!

I will get all of my recipes on my computer, that's what I'll do. I am doing this because I want to put together my own recipe book for new brides. We go to at least 5 weddings a year and to have a gift ready and waiting, put together with my own time and talent will be awesome. So here is one of my entries so far:

White Chili
from Jenah

3 15 oz cans great northern beans, drained (or equal amount of reconstituted)
8 oz cooked and shredded chicken breasts
1 cup chopped onions
1 1/2 cups chopped red or green bell peppers
2 jalapeno chili peppers, stemmed, seeded, and chopped (optional)
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp dried oregano
3 1/2 cups chicken broth
sour cream
shredded cheddar
tortilla chips

Combine all ingredients in slow cooker except the last three. Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours or on High 4-5 hrs. Ladle into bowls and top with sour cream, chips and cheese. A Hensel favorite.

Serves 8.

1 comment:

Alida Sharp said...

what a great idea!
Alida